Sapien Ventures is pleased to be joining a panelist discussion at:
Australian Significant Investor Visa Investment Conference
Hilton Hotel Grand Ballroom
Sydney, Jul 22, 2015
The BasisPoint 3rd Annual SIV conference on 22 July 2015 Sydney, will be Australia’s largest gathering in the SIV industry. Austrade’s new SIV complying investment policies will provide significant opportunities for SmallCap and VC fund managers, their eco-system of service providers, and for their underlying investee companies.
Chinese HNW investors and their financial advisors will soon have a wider range of complying investment opportunities that could be leveraged into China’s own rapidly growing domestic VC sector and stock market.
In the past two years, Basis Point has organised two major SIV conferences attracting 620+ senior level delegates and six SIV seminars which attracted another 800 delegates.
This year’s conference will also introduce a new and effective way to network (our ‘round table’ networking sessions) to maximise your time.
Attendees: 300 – 400 delegates comprising:
- SIV distribution channels including Chinese, Asian and Australian wealth managers & deal-spotters, high-net-worth investors/their advisors, migration agents and private bankers
- Investment providers including Chinese, HK, Singaporean and Australian fund managers, VC funds, property developers/syndicators
- Service providers including trust service providers, lawyers, accountants, advisors, financiers.
Our SIV conference will;
- Uncover opportunities and threats arising from the new SIV complying investment policies
- Present our research on Australia‘s SmallCap and VC industry, drawing from our successful funds management reports/directories
- Foster networking between the SmallCap/VC/property funds sectors and the SIV/Chinese HNW & advisory/migration sectors
- Reveal insights on China’s fast developing domestic VC and equity funds management industries, and the ramifications for Australian participants
- Drive ideas on how the current fragmentation of the VC /HNW industries both in Australia and China can be harnessed or refocused
- Help delegates to establish or joint venture with equity, property and VC funds businesses, and to find and create distribution networks into China’s HNW sectors
- Explore wider opportunities that leverage off the SIV changes, including investments of $3 million in balancing investments such as property funds.
Location: Grand Ballroom, Hilton Hotel, Sydney
Date: Wednesday 22nd July 2015
Cost: $360 plus GST = $396 for early-bird registrations
Coffee & Registration
MC opens event and introduction by Platinum Sponsor.
Research findings on Australia’s SmallCap and VC funds industry
- David Chin, Managing Director, Basis Point
Panel 1: Insights on China’s SmallCap and VC industry and opportunities for Australia.
- China’s stockmarket and VC industry is booming, with growth mandated by government fiat. How and at what pace will this growth continue?
- What are the domestic challenges for the industry eg corporate and regulatory governance
- How will the development of a larger ecosystem of service providers and deal makers provide opportunities for Australia
Moderator & 3 Panellists
Panel 2: SIV investors must invest in SmallCap/VC funds if they want the visa. Do they want the visa?
- What is their appetite for SmallCap and VC funds –given developments in China’s own equity and VC markets
- What does the migration industry think of complying investments
- What are their alternatives to the SIV visa –Australian visa and global alternatives
- $3 million balancing investments –mostly property funds?
Moderator & 3 Panellists
Round table networking and elevator pitches during afternoon tea 40 minutes.
- Outcome for participants – In each nine minute period, each participant gets to make 1 elevator pitch to small group of 5 people around a cocktail table hosted by the round-table sponsor.
- In the 10 nine minute sessions over afternoon tea AND evening cocktails, each delegate who chooses to participate will make 10 elevator pitches to 50 people and exchange business cards with these 50 people.
Details will be provided to delegates prior to the event.
Panel 3: How SmallCap and VC funds work –risk vs reward.
- How to structure the underlying investments to appeal more to Chinese HNW investment
- How to establish and operate a SmallCap and VC fund. Why only a select few can do well
- Opportunities in the underlying investee markets (eg small caps, pre IPO, start ups etc) and the fragmented nature of deal-flow
Moderator & 3-4 Panellists
Complying Investment Fund showcase
- Five SIV investment providers. 10 minutes each to present
Moderator & 5 Fund Speakers
Closing Remarks from Sponsor’s Representative
Round table networking during cocktails and canapés